Originally built in 1926, Duncan Dunn Residence Hall was originally known simply as the “New Dorm” or “Women’s Residence Hall” and housed 140 women. It was renamed in 1933 after the first WSU alumnus (class of 1902) to serve on the Board of Regents (1917, 1923-1928), Adam Duncan Dunn. Duncan Dunn was constructed under the Self Amortization Plan. Recently, Duncan Dunn went under renovation to be connected with Community Hall.
The architectural facade detailing is in the traditional classical mode of the, WSU historic core, incorporating brick and courses of ashlar with double hung windows. The structure complements the residential complex of the community and Wilmer-Davis at the northwest edge of the campus. The main entrance to the building faces to the north with access onto Linden Avenue. The entry portico is an elegant Georgian style addition that adds great charm to the structure. The southern facade includes a solarium and a large terrace for social gatherings at the second level. Duncan Dunn serves its site well in maintaining the integrity of the architectural mass and detailing of this major residential complex within the historic campus core.
Today, the Duncan Dunn and Community living complex is a co-ed hall. This complex is also one of the most secure living areas on campus using Cougar Card access to each floor, bathroom, and bedroom.
Our Story site map
Our Story is coordinated by
In partnership with
Our Story and Washington State Magazine are publications of Washington State University. All rights reserved.
P.O. Box 641227, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164-1227 USA | firstname.lastname@example.org, 509-335-2388
Accessibility | Copyright | Policies