Luke Boehland (’00 Psychology) has accepted the position of Idaho Regional Manager for Veyo Logistics. In this role, he will be overseeing Veyo’s Idaho operation as they partner with the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare (IDHW) to provide Non-Emergency Medical Transport (NEMT) for Medicaid participants throughout the state.
More featured Cougs
Virginia and Verne Campbell keeping busy in retirement | My Story staff '12 | May 26, 2016
Katie Stephens (‘12, History and Women’s Studies) Named Assistant Vice President | Colin White '03 | May 16, 2016
How to prepare Resume: Some essential instructions which are useful while preparing a resume, basically resume will create a fairly impressive about the candidate and remember you should get admission/job by the first look of your Resume, so while preparing it to follow some cautions. So aspirant is advised to keep in mind the following steps while preparing resume:
1. Candidates have to use a description layout instead of scenery layout. Some candidates change the layout as they wish but it definitely irritates the interviewer.
2. Avoid spelling mistakes in the resume preparation as spelling mistakes are peak crimes in resume structure. Finding a spelling mistake in resume means it shows our careless, lows our own self-projection, without any cause interviewer will through our resume.
3. Candidates must use the spelling checkers and grammar check functions of your word processor to make sure these are extremely correct as grammatical errors and copy- pasting are next peak crimes. Candidates have to take care while copy pasting the details.
4. Next important thing is font size; candidates are suggested to use very legible font size and description of your education background must up to the point so that interview can easy connect to the candidate’s details. you can also check some news paper like employment news updates some called as employment news today and weekly the you can get daily employement news updates available you.
5. Candidates have to mention all the achievements and interests, education background so that recruiter can catch the point of interest of the candidates.
Candidates must mention the entire particular like self and contact number, contact address etc.
Note: as resume is used to represent ourselves so candidates have to take all necessary precautions because best impression would build up by taking the first look at a resume.
Attentions to the typography will always keep you safe from the mistakes. First of all take care that your fonts are big enough. The smaller you should go is 11 points, but 12 is probably safer. Do not use capital letters all over the place, remember that your goal is to communicate a message as fast and as clearly as possible. Arial and Times new roman are good choices. Your resume should contain one or two pages at maximum. Just avoid items that will make the employer think in a negative way about you.
One of the most common mistakes that people make is to create a standard resume and send it to all the job openings that they can find. One resume for each employer will always increase your job opportunities. The same point applies to your cover letters.
Remember that you are trying to sell yourself by means of your Resume. Make sure that you resume include the most relevant and reliable information about you and please avoid the lies. This will give you an advantage over the other candidates.
Last but not least tip is Get someone else to review your resume as we usually become blind to our own mistakes or way of reasoning, so another people will be in a good position to evaluate the overall quality of your resume and make appropriate suggestions. Wishing you all the good luck.
Holly (Wysaske) Jones (’02, English), together with her husband William, welcomed a daughter to the family. Irene Jean Jones was born April 16, 2015, and joins brothers, Victor and Ricker as future Cougs, following in the footsteps of grandparents Ron (’74, ’90, Business) and Karen (’74, ’90, Education) Wysaske, aunt Kelly (Wysaske) Ritter (’00, Music), and uncle Kevin Wysaske (’10, DTAC).
Additionally, in August of 2016, Jones published her first young adult novel, I Want Everybody To Like Me — a “rad” coming of age piece of fiction set in the 1990s and inspired by Jones’ upbringing in the small town of Washougal, Washington. Currently available on amazon.com and through other select booksellers: https://www.amazon.com/I-Want-Everybody-Like-Me/dp/1537139606.
Government Job can be simply termed as ‘Safe and Secure Job’. If we observe, we will come across a lot of differences between the Government job and private job. In the Government job, we have many benefits like job security, pension plans, insurance for medical and life etc. whereas, in government jobs, the employees who want to grow financially are highly benefitted. The Government job is considered as a key to the prosperity of the employee. Once the candidate has achieved the Government job his prestige is increased.
The future of a Government employee is highly secured. The working hours of the Government job are less compared to the private jobs which mean low stress. Only a Government servant is eligible for the pension even after his retirement which is highly impossible in any other jobs. From a smaller post, one can reach to a higher level where the employee can experience luxury besides peace. Unless the employees misuse these advantages, the Government job is said to be a boon in his life.
How to face the Government examinations?
Facing an examination for the Government job is not as equal as facing our annual examination in our school/college/university. It requires strong determination, Awareness, Scenario, Study Strategy, Self-prepared study material and keeps an eye on the interview.
What made you feel achieving a Government job is a tough thing?
The word tough arrives at our mind in two stages. Either we don’t have confidence in your skill or you are nervous. Have confident in yourself and follow these steps. Throw your nervousness in a dustbin and start your preparation peacefully. you can also get daily jobs related updates through freejobalert.
Strong Determination: The candidate should have the strong desire to achieve the job. This fire results in hard work which in turn gives the good result. Cracking a Government examination is not an easy one. Prepare time table and act according to it on your daily basis to pass out difficult hurdles to reach your dream job.
Awareness: Keep yourself updated time-to-time with the latest recruitment notices issued by the Government. If your eligibility criterion matches with the required eligibility criteria act at once and submit your application before the due date expires. The candidates are strictly instructed to follow the instructions before applying for a certain post.
Scenario: Instead of listening or following tips from others, it would be better to prepare your own scenario to make your examination much easier and comfortable. Some candidates like to read from books whereas some candidates grasp things by watching videos and some others like to learn by having an explanation from others.
Self Prepare Notes: Self Prepared notes helps the candidates at the time examination because the candidates can easily get things into their brain when they write. So, I strongly recommend you with the self-prepared notes.
Keep an eye on the Interview part too: The Government shortlists the candidates through the written test for some posts and some other posts extend this recruitment process to interview level. The candidate should listen to the interviewer carefully and then answer the question in a genuine manner. Instead of impressing, the candidate should express his views effectively. and you can also get daily
Here are some tips to plan your study strategy:
1. Update yourself with the examination schedule and its pattern.
2. Concentrate on your weak part of the study and concentrate on it.
3. Plan your time wisely from the examination preparation to the end of the examination. and you can check daily some jobs related site like govtjobsclub.in like this.
4. Instead of spending too much money on the study materials, opt for the sample test paper and mock tests. Practice helps you than just studying.
5. Know the syllabus perfectly. English and General Knowledge subjects are very commons in most examinations.
6. Improve your accuracy in answering the questions. This can be done through practicing.
7. In the examination hall, opt for the easy questions first instead of wasting your time in answering doubtful and hard questions.
Finally, I advise the candidates to be balanced, punctual, genuine and clear in answering the questions at the time of Interview.
Hope this article surely helps you in planning your preparation schedule and examination point of view and helps you to access your success.
All the Best…
Named the first full-time Commissioner of the California Pacific Conference of the NAIA. Ott worked four years as a student assistant in the WSU athletics department, including an internship with the Pac-10 Conference. He worked for 16 years with the West Coast Conference, before transitioning to full-time ministry as a pastor in California. He oversees 12 colleges/universities in three western states with the Cal Pac.
Through the eyes of the vet, we begin to see the world not as a mechanical structure machined by man, but as a revolving reaction between man, nature, and beast.